Verden over samler studenter med lederambisjoner seg i nettverk og avlegger ed på at de vil opptre ansvarlig overfor verden og samfunnet rundt seg.
En artikkel i business.dk forteller om studenter ved Universitetet i Århus som har gjort nettopp dette fordi de mener at det skal være en mening med det de gjør utover det at man tjener penger.
Som Tania Ellis sier: «I stedet for den tidligere »show me the money«-tankegang som har hersket på businesskoler rundt om i verden i årtier, vinner mantraet »doing good and doing well« frem blant de unge.»
Les hele artikkelen HER
THE MBA OATH
As a business leader I recognize my role in society.
• My purpose is to lead people and manage resources to create value that no single individual can create alone.
• My decisions affect the well-being of individuals inside and outside my enterprise, today and tomorrow.
Therefore, I promise that:
• I will manage my enterprise with loyalty and care, and will not advance my personal interests at the expense of my enterprise or society.
• I will understand and uphold, in letter and spirit, the laws and contracts governing my conduct and that of my enterprise.
• I will refrain from corruption, unfair competition, or business practices harmful to society.
• I will protect the human rights and dignity of all people affected by my enterprise, and I will oppose discrimination and exploitation.
• I will protect the right of future generations to advance their standard of living and enjoy a healthy planet.
• I will report the performance and risks of my enterprise accurately and honestly.
• I will invest in developing myself and others, helping the management profession continue to advance and create sustainable and inclusive prosperity.
In exercising my professional duties according to these principles, I recognize that my behavior must set an example of integrity, eliciting trust and esteem from those I serve. I will remain accountable to my peers and to society for my actions and for upholding these standards.
This oath I make freely, and upon my honor.